Here’s a quick re-hash of why you should treat yourself to a writing retreat in 2018:
- Spoil yourself with some time out to do what you love. You deserve it!
- Spend time with like-minded people.
- Make connections and friendships that could last a life-time.
- Find a potential support network for your writing.
- Immerse yourself in your craft and learn new writing techniques.
- Give your writing brain some space and a fresh perspective.
- Return home totally inspired and ready to write/revise that book.
That pretty much covers it but if you can think of any others do let us know!
So now we’ve convinced you, here’s out Top Five Picks For Writing Retreats in 2018.
- Revise To Publish Masterclass at Russley Rural Retreat, Segenhoe, NSW. April 20-22nd. Spend a weekend with your Writes4Women Co-Host Pamela Cook, author of five completed manuscripts. Pamela will be sharing what she’s learnt about writing, revising and the publishing industry in this not to be missed Masterclass at beautiful Russley. Places are strictly limited so be quick. Click the link for more information or email Pamela direct: email@example.com
A week-long stay in an idyllic Tuscan setting. A 17th century villa with stunning views of Florentine hills, providing the perfect backdrop for a week of peaceful relaxation, writing and dining. Relax by the poolside with an intimate group of like-minded writers and a glass of Chianti or Prosecco and allow the inspiration to unfold.
What’s not to love?
Alice Campion is four writers in one – the only group writing commercially-published fiction in the world.
Using the Alice Campions’ successful techniques, you will work within a small team to create a finished short work of collaborative fiction.
The vibrant natural and cultural world of the Himalayas should provide inspiring shared sights, sounds, experiences and characters that will resonate in your writing. The Alice process includes periods of both solitary and shared work, and whether you’re hiking, meditating or shopping in a bustling market, your mind will be collecting gems to bring back to the group. The process also includes lots of laughter and you may well forge deep creative bonds.
This is my dream retreat. How about you?
Natasha is one of our faves and a fantastic facilitator. If you live in the west of Australia this is one you should check out.
‘Would you like to go away for a long weekend and concentrate solely on your writing? Would it make that time even better if you had the help of a published writer to guide and teach you, as well as a group of like-minded souls to talk to about the ups and downs of the writing journey? If that sounds like your idea of heaven, then keep reading!’
Fiona McIntosh is one of Australia’s best selling authors. Her Masterclasses are highly sought after and ‘designed to propel writers from simply talking about the novel they want to write, to confronting the task, doing the hard yards and finding the courage to submit their manuscript for consideration of publication. The aim is to offer participants much more than just creative advice.’
Places are filling fast for Fiona’s 2018 classes.
Hope you get yourself on a retreat in 2018. If you do, be sure to let us know how it goes!